Friday, March 8, 2013

Why do I Paint the Country?

I have been blessed to live and paint on a quite old farmstead, surrounded by fields, for most of my life now. It all started when I was a kid growing up. We had a field in front of our house, and a field in back of our house, yet lived on a street that had other homes along it, at the edge of town. In the summer, I remember the walks through the field of corn behind our house, and the feel of the damp mud on my bare feet back then. The trips to my grandparents remote Midwestern farm, are some of my favorite childhood memories, and from as far back as I can remember, I always wanted to live in the country like them. My husband grew up on a farm, and after we married our goal was to move to out of town. Soon we did, and we have never regretted that decision. We live in old farmhouse with a red barn, which are a great inspiration for what I paint. It gives me a sense of peace and happiness to work on my quiet, country, landscape paintings, and I hope that you may find that in them also.


See my original farm paintings currently for sale: FRANCE GALLERY

Subscribe to this blog France Gallery ~ American Heartland Landscape Paintings by Email

No comments: