Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Miniature Barn Painting - Bit of the Country


Bit of the Country

This is another of my miniature 4 x 6" paintings done on hardboard.  I vary my normal painting technique from painting on canvas to working on the hardboard surface.  Stretched canvas has just a little give to the surface compared to hardboard and so I find that using my brushes in a different way works better on this surface.  I also need to go down in brush size as my painting surface sizes get smaller.   I wanted the feel of distance in the painting so worked in a series of several colors and ground spaces for this piece.  This painting will easily fit right into a standard frame. 

See my original farm paintings currently for sale: FRANCE GALLERY

Subscribe to this blog France Gallery ~ American Heartland Landscape Paintings by Email

No comments: