Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Queen Anne's Lace on the Farm

This is a photo taken on our old farmstead, in the summer when the Queen Anne's lace ( Wild Carrot ) comes into full bloom. This was taken on a misty morning, just the kind of day that I like to paint. Queen Anne's Lace is not native to the United States, but was brought from Europe and has naturalized over our country. I am missing warm weather right now, in the midst of winter, but it gives me more time to paint!



I am working on several paintings right now. I normally rotate between several paintings at a time so that while one is drying between layers, I can switch over to another piece. I often need time to stop and think about what I want to do next on a painting also, and that gives me more time for that too.

Subscribe to France Gallery ~ American Heartland Landscape Paintings by Email

No comments: