Thursday, December 13, 2012

Icelandic Sheep Ewe Painting

Despite not posting much on my blog the past few months, I have been very busy painting.   I have been holding back much of my work for upcoming juried competitions, and so have not posted it yet.  I will be posting some preview close ups bits of these paintings though in the future.  I have started incorporating a central animal into each painting in my newest series.  I love painting animals as much as I do my simple country landscapes and am excited about these newest works.  





Icelandic Sheep Ewe

I loved the wool on this sheep when I saw it and decided on using it in this new painting. This is just part of the actual piece, I will post the rest of it soon.

I have been interested in heritage breeds of livestock for quite a while now.
We keep a few "Mottled Black" turkeys and little bantam "Salmon Favorelle" hens, just as pets, and have kept other breeds of bantam chickens over the years now. I will be using them in some upcoming paintings that I have planned also.

For more information on Icelandic Sheep

Subscribe to France Gallery ~ American Heartland Landscape Paintings by Email

No comments: