Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Old red barn in a quiet summer landscape




Red Barn in a Quiet Field 

This landscape was inspired by the old wooden red barns that once were so common along the country back roads that I love. As time goes on, there are fewer and fewer of them left standing. I painted this simple red barn into a quiet summers landscape scene from my imagination. The piece is on a gallery wrapped canvas with finished edges. It comes ready to hang.
I hope that you will enjoy viewing my vision and glimpses of the quiet, old rural landscapes of the American heartland. Old farms, barns, cattle, sheep, meadows and big open skies, are often the inspiration for my art. I have been influenced by the old Barbizon, Tonalist, & Luminist painters for my original dreamscape, landscape paintings.

No comments: